“Una Semana de Orgullo” BU celebrates the week of pride.

Bloomsburg University’s Multicultural Center hosted the week of pride in celebration of Hispanic Heritage month. The week began on Monday October 9 with Fidel Castro’s daughter, Alina Fernandez who shared her intimate life story in Carver Hall.  On Tuesday Querida Lugo a lifestyle coach, held a workshop called “LatinX Leadership: Do It for the Culture.” The workshop touched based on the significance of LatinX leadership in the Hispanic culture. Poet and writer Elizabeth Acevedo also was another visitor to BU’s campus on Wednesday night. The celebration ended on October 14th with the Latino Extravaganza in the Kehr Union Building ballroom where there was a  performance by BombaYo. The Student Organization of Latinos (S.O.L.) hosted and organized all the events dedicated to Hispanic Heritage Month and Angela Montano, President of S.O.L understands the importance of embracing her Latina heritage in BU and wants to share her experience with students on campus. “Una semana de orgullo is our Latino week! It’s where we have a representation, empowerment and learn to more about our culture and love it was well! It’s all about us to be proud of who we are and where we come from!” said  Montano. “We have our “Watch me Werk” event, which is an exercise workshop and it’s only for women! Friday is Latino Bingo and Saturday is our banquet as well as our Kehr party! From 10:00pm -1:00am.”

Querida Lugo held a workshop on Hispanic leadership in the Hispanic culture on Tuesday October 10. She is seen here with Bloomsburg University’s Student Organization of Latinos.