BU Men’s Soccer beats Shepherd

Huskies earn much needed 3-1 victory

Senior Tyler Madeira (above) has recorded six goals and an assist thus far this season.

Matt Rushforth, Sports Editor

The Bloomsburg University men’s soccer defeated newly-added conference opponent Shepherd University on Wednesday afternoon with a final score of 3-1. With the win, the Huskies improve their overall record to 6-8 with a 5-4 mark in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC).
Bloomsburg got things started in the match with a penalty kick goal from junior midfielder Thomas King just seven minutes into the contest.
The Huskies then saw senior midfielder Mike Bazadona III increase the lead to 2-0 after a goal in the 20th minute of play.
Junior midfielder Carter Luckenbaugh scored the final goal for BU in the 55th minute of the second half to preserve the 3-1 conference victory.
Freshman goalkeeper Nathan Slotnick stood strong between the pipes on Wednesday pushing aside four Shepherd shots in the win.
Bloomsburg now sits in third place in the PSAC East standings after the victory.
The Huskies remain on the road on Saturday when they face Lock Haven University in yet another PSAC matchup with the Bald Eagles. Start time against Lock Haven on Saturday is slated for 7:00 p.m.