Huskies splash past IUP, Clarion, Lock Haven

The Bloomsburg women’s swim team had an impressive victory over Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Lock Haven and Clarion to take the title at the Pidgeon Memorial Invitational.

Bloomsburg would put up a final score of 1077, edging out their second place competition of IUP with a score of 897. The women also boasted 10 victories as well as, 27 Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) marks.

Senior Sydney Mercer scored the first victory, as she took the 200-yard individual medley with a time of 2:16.17. Junior Becca Cubbler won her first of many events, as she beat out the competition to win the 500-yard freestyle after posting a time of 5:17.16.

The 100-yard backstroke was then won by junior Kiera Wadsworth, boasting a time of 59.64.

The 400-yard freestyle relay team of Cubbler, sophomore Lindsey Mooney, junior Shannon Ball and senior Marykate Boylan found success as they took the race with a time of 3:41.52. Sophomore Kelley McHugh beat out her competitors for the 400-yard individual medley, touching the wall in 4:41.68.
Mooney took another victory in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 59.73. The 200-yard freestyle was won by Cubbler, she clocked in at a time of 2:10.81. Cubbler then put up a time of 54.38 to win the 100-yard freestyle, scoring the final individual victory for the women.

Another relay victory came in the final event of the 200-yard medley relay. A team consisting of senior Samantha Carpenter, Ball, Boylan, and Wadsworth won in the race with a time of 1:51.66.

York, Pennsylvania is the final battle for the Huskies, as the women compete for the PSAC championship. The competition begins on Wednesday, Feb. 20 at Graham Aquatic Center.