Dancing for a cause

This Saturday, Feb. 16, students will be gathering in Nelson Field House to spend the day making a difference for a common cause.

Pediatric cancer and other childhood illnesses are running rampant with no relief in immediate sight. In order to help combat this tragedy that affects the lives of countless families in our area, the Bloomsburg University Dance Ensemble is hosting the Second Annual Dance Marathon in order to raise funds to fight cancers and provide relief to the families in this heartbreaking situation.

The marathon begins at 12 p.m. and concludes at 6 p.m., with events scheduled throughout the day. Some of these activities include hearing from “Miracle Children” from our surrounding area, making cards for current patients and participating in athletic events such as bubble soccer and water pong.

It will be an uplifting event that will allow the campus to come together in order to help the future Huskies that are currently fighting for their lives.
The unique standout quality of Children’s Miracle Network is that all the funds will be localized and distributed to individuals in our direct vicinity, with the majority going to the Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital, a direct branch of the medical facility right off our campus.

If you are interested in being a part of this memorable event, sign up soon because registration is coming to a close. The deadline to sign up for the event is this Saturday, Feb. 16 at 12 p.m.

However, there is a $10 registration fee that needs to be paid by way of debit or credit card; therefore, preregistering online through DonorDrive is recommended. A card, as well as your student ID, will be needed if you plan to register at the door.

Those who attend the event will receive six hours of community service for their time, as well as refreshments and prizes throughout the day. You can register at the following link:

https://events.dancemarathon.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=310