Disney+ is finally here

Sarah Emily D'Agostino, A&E Editor

Are there any Disney shows or movies that you were obsessed with as a kid but haven’t had access to since they disappeared off Netflix last year?
Maybe you haven’t even seen them on any subscription site since the early 2000’s. Well, I have some good news for you.
The Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, has officially released Disney+.
Disney+ is a new subscription video on-demand streaming service that features film and television content from Walt Disney Studios and Walt Disney Television.
Development for the streaming service began in as early as 2016, with the official announcement for the plans in December of 2017.
Launching this past Tuesday, the streaming service already has over sixteen thousand reviews between the App Store and Google Play (and that’s only from the three countries that it has been released in: United States, Canada, and the Netherlands).
Later this month, Australia, New Zealand and Puerto Rico will receive access, and by mid 2020 so will the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany and Ireland.
A subscription to the service is similar to that of Netflix and Hulu. Disney offers a one-week free trial and then a $6.99 monthly fee. There’s also an option for $12.99 that comes with Hulu and ESPN+.
Hulu made the executive decision to team up with Disney, which lead to the subscription option that pairs the two together.
Disney+ is also available online the same way Netflix and Hulu are, so you can start something on your phone and finish it in your laptop.
Disney+ has television shows and movies from more than merely Disney. It has productions from Pixar, Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios, National Geographic, 20th Century Fox, Hollywood Pictures, and Touchstone Pictures.
Similar to Netflix, Disney has produced Disney+ originals, shows and movies that are going to be solely available on the Disney+ app.
I downloaded the Disney+ app this afternoon only hours after the launch, and I have already watched the entire “Zenon” trilogy and 2004 classic “Pixel Perfect.” This trip down memory lane has been much needed, and now I can watch any Disney-related show or movie that I haven’t seen in years right at the tip of my fingers.
As a college student, I know that exams are stressful and homework is sometimes just busy work, so like the way we utilize the apps that we’ve already had for streaming, Disney+ is going to provide us with the nostalgia of our childhoods and the stress relief for our adult problems.