Fun-filled First Week of the Semester

Novalea Verno, Staff Writer

After a long winter break, returning to college can seem borderline painful. The looming threat of an intense syllabus, long study sessions and the dreaded group projects can overwhelm even the most dedicated student. In an effort to fight off the second-semester “scaries,” the Bloomsburg University Program Board and Kehr Union Operations and Student Involvement (KUOSI) have planned several events for students. 

“… the best part of the events [is] that they’re free,” says Nodir Egamberdiev, the Social Media and Events Correspondent for KUOSI. 

On top of being free events, some are even providing free food and the chance to win Husky Gold. 

“… with the billiards tournament (Wednesday) and the Roaring 20s BINGO (Friday), students have an opportunity to try to earn some Husky Gold and prize packages as well,” says Egamberdiev. 

The Spring 2023 Billiards Tournament is a friendly competition open to both billiard fanatics and people who have never heard of the game before. This event takes place on Wednesday, Jan. 25 at 7 p.m. It is being hosted in the Kehr Student Union Games Room (232). The top three students who place in the tournament will qualify for the grand championship hosted later in May. 

Also on Wednesday, students will have the opportunity to participate in a werewolf party game at 9 p.m. This event will be held at Kehr Student Union Fireside Lounge. Free food will be provided. 

“Dance On Broadway,” the first dance club of the semester, will be hosted on Thursday, Jan. 26 at 8 p.m. in the Kehr Student Union Ballroom. This event is the KUOSI staff’s response to the hearty request of the student body to host dances. Keep an eye out for several other themed dances being announced throughout the semester. 

On Friday, Jan. 27 the Kehr Student Union Ballroom will house the Roaring 20’s Bingo game at 8 p.m. This event will give students a chance to win Husky Gold as over $500 in Gold will be given out over the course of the evening.

“… folks don’t have [anything] to lose by coming out to at least one of our events. We’re hoping to start the semester off with a lot of fun,” says Egamberdiev.