At the end of the road, always look back: Seniors reflect on what they feel they missed out on

Being one student in the many thousand that walk through this campus each semester, it is hard to do everything that Bloomsburg University has to offer. With over 250 clubs and organizations, and the number growing every semester, it is impossible to be a part of every single club. FOMO, or “fear of missing out,” may be very real, but luckily it doesn’t have to be. Many seniors on campus were willing to reflect on their individual experiences on campus, and what they felt they personally missed out on.

Naiya Brown, “I feel like I missed out on professional opportunities: I missed out on certain resources I didn’t know were here. I also didn’t get to talk to people on my floor and get to know them. I wish I would have explored more options.”

Facia Surleaf, “I definitely wished I had joined more activities freshman year such as the Dance Ensemble, Model Arab League and the debate club, because I became so passionate about the ones I eventually joined, and I would have liked to do those, too.”

Jim McDermott, “Some of the social programs, like bingo and CA programs, seemed like they would be fun, but I never went. The ones I did go to were a blast.”

Nicole Donlick, “I think I would rather have picked up another major or minor back in sophomore year, because I feel like it makes you more marketable when you’re applying for jobs. I am currently a communications major, but I wish I would have done something with human resources.”

Colleen Tobey, “As a freshman, I was in a school that only had a total of 2,000 students, so I feel like I missed out on a lot of social opportunities because there were none available. I didn’t go to a single party because they didn’t exist.”

Kelsi Lefever, “I wish I would have joined Best Buddies since it has such a good message, along with other clubs like Wishmakers and other charities. Honestly, it was tough to do, but I think I did well balancing my time to have a successful social and academic life.”

Troy Platukus,“The only thing I wish is that there were a couple interests that I had, that I couldn’t get involved in other clubs for, such as the campus radio station, BU Now and even to create my own club based around movies. I wish I had more time, but I did have to prioritize.”

To all of the freshman, sophomores, juniors and those seniors looking to get more out of their college experience, I hope these testimonies will aid you in your journeythrough BU and you can feel like you did it all and didn’t miss out on much.