Haunted Husky Hollow proceeds to benefit Bahamas

Madison Sakin, Contributing Writer

On October 17 and 18, the Center for Leadership and Engagement, Residence Life, DASL, Quest and other various student organizations are hosting their 13th annual Haunted Husky Hollow; this event is a haunted campus woods walk that is open to Bloomsburg University students and the public.
DASL, a community service club at BU, is partnered up with UNICEF for this event. Admission to the woods is $1 for students and the public. The money will go to UNICEF to help rebuild the Bahamas.
George Kinzel, the director of the Center for Leadership and Engagement, is “hoping to reach $1,000 [raised] by the end of the two nights” of the Haunted Husky Hollow; last year’s event raised about $700.
DASL and Kinzel are sending all the money raised to UNICEF to “buy basic food, needs and clothing for the Bahamas.”
Kinzel added that “students can go onto the UNICEF website and help donate if they can’t make it to [the event].”
In the past, DASL has donated proceeds of this event to those affected by disasters in Florida, Puerto Rico and California; they first partnered up with UNICEF ten years ago.
As Kinzel explained, they “first started [helping] local schools” as a way to “give back to the community.”
Kinzel says that Haunted Husky Hollow started because “students wanted something to do…involved with haunted houses.”
Additionally, the Center for Leadership and Engagement is doing contests to get students involved to help raise more money for UNICEF during the week of Haunted Husky Hollow.