PREVIEW: Huskies Football welcomes Millersville: Huskies set to host Marauders for final home game of 2018 season

The Bloomsburg University football team welcomes visiting Millersville University for their final home game of the 2018 season this Saturday, October 27. Kickoff is set for 3:00 p.m. at Redman Stadium.

The Huskies enter the final Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) matchup of the year with a 4-4 (3-2 PSAC) overall record. BU is coming off a 33-7 over Lock Haven this past Saturday.

Millersville enters the contest with a 2-6 (2-2 PSAC) overall record and are in the midst of a two-game losing streak with consecutive losses to Shippensburg and Malone.

Redshirt sophomore quarterback Erik Benjamin threw for a career high 190 yards in the win, and threw for three touchdown passes.

Junior Kieron Smethers got himself in the action and threw a 43-yard touchdown off a fake punt. The Huskies totaled four touchdown passes on the afternoon which hasn’t happened since 2013 for BU.

The Huskies also managed to continue their rushing dominance and ran for 237 yards, and held the Bald Eagles to just 156 on the afternoon. Bloomsburg has outrushed their opponents by more than 400 yards on the season.

Redshirt junior Michael Allen hauled in five passes for 88 yards on the game and caught two touchdown passes. The Huskies know how threatening their offense can be with both the rush and pass game working.

Defensively, senior Marquis Seamon totaled seven solo tackles on the afternoon while senior Chris Gary assisted in six tackles and tallied one solo.
Bloomsburg enters the contest against Millersville at third in the PSAC behind both West Chester and Kutztown (both unbeaten thus far).

BU plays their final two games in 2018 on the road when they travel to West Liberty (WV) and Slippery Rock to close out the 2018 regular season.