Senior Spotlight: Brianna Tulski

Accounting Major Legal Studies Minor

Gabrielle Reyes, Features Editor

As the semester carries on, seniors are starting to realize the soon end of undergrad years. They have learned alot of the years. We would like to spotlight one senior in particular named Brianna Tulski. She prefers to go by Bri. At The Voice, we wanted to ask her about her journey here at Bloosmburg University. 

Could you explain to us your experience here at BU? 

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experiences at Bloomsburg.  I have had my share of ups and downs.  With my major, there’s always a lot of work to be done.  I’ve had some homework sets that take me about 5 hours to complete and some that were longer.  There have definitely been many nights spent up late studying or trying to get all the homework completed accurately and on time.  But I have also been very successful at Bloomsburg.  I worked hard and in order to achieve a high GPA and have learned so much from my classes both for my major and in general education.  But I think the highlight of my experience here at Bloomsburg is the people I have met.  Many of my best friends are the ones I have during college.  I am lucky to have had great roommates because so many people have had poor living situations at school.  Living with my some of my closest friends has been my favorite part of college.  I have also gotten very close to some of my classmates, which makes going to class more enjoyable.  

Would you mind sharing with us a little more about you? 

My favorite general education course I took at Bloomsburg was Dance 117 which was beginning ballet and jazz.  I danced for about ten years when I was younger and I have always loved dance.  Taking that class and revisiting dance after I quit in high school was so much fun.  Also, it was a great break from academic classes.  My favorite classes that relates to my major/ minor were definitely my law classes.  I did not really consider law until I took my first class at Bloom which was required for accounting majors.  I enjoyed that class so much that I picked up a minor in legal studies and hope to pursue law in the future.  I really enjoyed all the other law classes I have taken as well while working towards my minor.   

What are your future goasl? 

Next year I plan to do the Masters in Accountancy program here at Bloomsburg.  Through this program I will have enough college credits to later sit for the CPA exam.  Later, I hope to go to law school after having some work experience as a CPA.  With having professional accounting experience and being able to practice law, I hope to become a legal consultant for businesses.  When it comes to personal goals, I one day hope to one day have a family.  I also hope to be happy as well as successful in my future career.  And maybe one day, I’ll get to drive my dream car and own a house at the shore. 

Could you give some words of advice to some undergrads? 

Living at college has really been one of the best experiences of my life so far.  I think the best advice I could give to someone who is just starting college would be to work hard and have fun.  I know that probably sounds kind of cliché but it is true.  It is important to do the best you can in class since you are preparing for your future career.  But I think it is just as important to enjoy yourself as well.  Soon you’ll have all the responsibilities of adult life so go out and have fun with your best friends while you can.  And college really does go by so fast.  I feel like I was just a freshman and now I am getting ready to graduate undergrad in May.  Looking back over these four years, so much has happened and changed in my life but yet it doesn’t feel like it has been a full four years yet.  So do your best and enjoy everything about college—because before you know it, you’ll be graduating.   

We are so grateful to have this interview with Bri. If you’re a senior and would like to be in a spotlight, email us at voicefeatures@ huskies.bloomu.edu