BU Returning to ‘full-time, in-person’ Instruction for Fall 2021

Bloomsburg+University+will+return+to+complete+in-person+instruction+Monday%2C+Aug.+23.+

Bloomsburg University will return to complete in-person instruction Monday, Aug. 23.

Cameron Heilman, Co-Editor in Chief

Bloomsburg University President, Bashar Hanna, announced in an email at 3:49 p.m. that the university plans to return to full-time in-person instruction for the fall 2021 semester. The motivation for this move President Hanna addressed in the first paragraph of the email,

“The intent is to offer in-person instruction to students so that they are fully immersed in an on-campus setting with maximal opportunities for face-to-face engagement with faculty, staff, and fellow students.”

Ultimately though, the final push to make this decision stemmed from the,

“…anticipated vaccine rates, current projections by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the beginning of easing of restrictions within the Commonwealth.”

Further, according to Hanna, all on-campus housing will operate in full and is “looking forward” to the return of over 3,000 residential students.

All dining facilities will open and resume in-person dining services.
Student-athletes will have their season and opportunity to compete with their peers with fans in attendance based on CDC guidelines.

Concluding the email, Hanna reinforced Bloomsburg University’s commitment to its students’ safety and well-being within the community and will be prepared to alter this plan if necessary.