Out with the old, in with the New

Tri Pi’s new location took over Main Street
Sydney Stokes
Tri Pi Employees preparing Friday nights rush

Tri Pi Pizzeria fired up the ovens at their new location last Tuesday.

Students have been gathering at all hours of the night to get their favorite foods from Tri Pi. One student, senior, David Kaback expressed his feelings. “I really enjoy it over here,” he said. “I like Tri Pi better than anything and appreciate all of the work they have put into it.”

Similarly to Kaback’s feelings, Roberts’ employees have the same reviews.

A supportive community is one of the most important aspects of a business. With lines out the door on weekend nights, the support seems to be flourishing.

“The community has been very supportive,” Nate Roberts gushed. “I have not heard a negative comment and I believe that everyone is very happy with the updates.”

Roberts purchased Tri Pi Pizzeria earlier this fall, as well as the building of the former Frank’s Trotteria. Due to on going health complications, Frank’s ultimately closed their doors in the Spring of 2022.

Roberts renovated the building and moved Tri Pi Pizzeria into the new space. All new equipment was purchased and replaced except for the pizza ovens.  Roberts and his crew moved the ovens from the old location at 55 E Main S., to the new location, across the street at 58 E Main St..

“It was really challenging to move the pizza ovens,” Roberts said. “They weigh 1400 pounds but luckily we had a crew of six strong men to get it over there. We were able to split the ovens into their two pieces, making them 700 pounds a piece and put them onto dollies to move.”

He explained that they did this last Monday at 9 a.m., across the crosswalk during a red light.

“The countertop was easy to move in but, the set up was more challenging,” Roberts continued. “We had to make sure it was very well supported knowing how much everyone loves to sit on it.”

Other than the renovations, Tri Pi added a whole new section of their menu- fried foods. The previous location did not have fryers. “Boom Boom” french fries are the talk of town, according to Roberts. The fries stem off of their signature Boom Boom pizza which consists of chicken, bacon, a blend of cheese with tortilla chips, ranch, scallions and of course the well known and loved Boom Boom sauce.

View Comments (1)