Meet The Voice: Kacie England: A&E Editor

Continuing our staff spotlight series, this week we will be showcasing our Arts and Entertainment Editor, Miss Kacie England!
She was born in Carrol County, Maryland and moved to Jacobus, Pennsylvania as a young child, where she has resided ever since. She is a graduate of Dallastown Area High School’s 2016 class.

Kacie entered Bloomsburg University in the fall of 2016. Upon the completion of her first year at BU, she quickly realized where her passion lied: English.
At the end of her freshman year she made the switch to a major in Secondary Education/English. Additionally, she is an American Sign Language.

Upon graduation, she hopes to be a high school English teacher and pursue graduate school. Kacie aspires for her career to one day lead her towards the path of post-secondary education as a professor of English.

During Kacie’s sophomore year at BU, she found her way onto The Voice staff. After writing several pieces for the Arts and Entertainment page, she became the Assistant Editor for the section. At the completion of the Spring 2018 semester, she assumed the A&E Editor position and enjoys working on The Voice staff immensely.

While being at BU, Kacie has been an active member of the campus community, participating in multiple activities and organizations. Aside from being a Voice staff member, Kacie is a dancer for Bloomsburg’s Dance Ensemble, in which she is a part of their ballet class.

Additionally, she is a member of the Dance Ensemble’s executive board as their historian. She is also a member of the English Honors society Sigma Tau Delta, an association for those who have achieved excellence in collegiate English studies.  

Kacie is a participant in Bloomsburg’s Best Buddies, an organization that helps form friendships between students and individuals with disabilities. Her buddy’s name is Donald, and throughout her BU career Donald and Kacie have become great friends.

On campus, when she’s not in class or the Voice office, you can find Kacie either in the Office of Equity and Accommodations or the Writing and Literacy Engagement Studio (WALES), her two places of work. At WALES, she is a writing fellow, a position dedicated to aiding students taking the Enrichment Writing class.

Kacie enjoys all things involving books, cats, coffee and writing. In her free time, you can find her enjoying time with her friends, catching up on all of her readings for her English classes and dabbling in photography. Recently, one of her photos was published in “The Warren,” BU’s literary magazine.

Back home, she has a cat named Carter and a dog named Piper, who she is very much obsessed with. Along with her kitty and pup are the rest of the members of her wonderful support system: her family, friends and boyfriend.

If Kacie could give any advice to readers it would be to pursue what you love. Following her dream of studying English has been a beautiful adventure that she feels very grateful to be able to chase.

And, just maybe, your passion will lead you here to write for The Voice!