Men’s & Women’s Track and Field welcome 31 new athletes to BU

Peyton Qauckenbush, Contributing Writer

There is a lot riding on Bloomsburg University’s men and women’s Track and Field team this year.
After being named Division II All Academic Teams for the 2018-2019 season, the men and women’s track and field team should be ready to perform for the 2019-2020 season, both academically and physically.
Fans are ready for student-athletes to be back and better than ever. Why better than ever? Both teams combined have 31 fresh new recruits from all over Pennsylvania.
The men’s team only has eight, however the women’s team are starting extremely new with 23 rookies in a plethora of different events.
Starting with the men’s side, Freshman Dominic Caputo is coming to the huskies from Montoursville, Pennsylvania. Caputo not only is a two-time District IV champion in the triple jump but the high jump as well.
He also is a three-time state qualifier, two-time state medalist and a PIAA state champion in the triple jump. Caputo has a phenomenal high school reputation and will be able to back-up his reputation by continuing his Track and Field career for BU.
On the women’s side, Freshman Sarah Castronova from Conestoga Valley, P.a. looks to be an advantage for the team. Castronova is a two-time individual state qualifier for her open 400m along with a PIAA State Championship medalist in the 4x100m relay.
A record breaker as well, Sarah broke records in the 4x100m and 4x400m relays for Conestoga Valley. Both the men and women’s team seem to be ready to train hard for the approaching season.
The Track and Field class of 2023 is coming into the season with two State Champions, five State medalists, 11 State qualifiers, 22 district/sectional medalists and 18 PSAC level performers.
Needless to say, that this season can be a winning one for the huskies with all the talent coming in.
Both indoor teams will be starting their seasons away, Dec. 1 at 11 a.m. for the Bison opener in Lewisburg, P.a. It is exciting to see what these newbies will do for the huskies this season. Based off their reputations alone, this season is looking to be a good one for BU.