Men’s Soccer falls at rival Shippensburg

Huskies drop to 1-3, back home this weekend against Shepherd University

Matt Rushforth, Sports Editor

The Bloomsburg University men’s soccer team dropped its third consecutive contest on the road Wednesday afternoon to conference foe Shippensburg University by a score of 2-1. The Huskies drop to 1-3 thus far in 2019 while Shippensburg improves to 1-1-1.
The Huskies offense struggled to find the net as it only fired four of its 19 shots on the Red Raiders goaltender.
Shippensburg on the other hand, converted both of its two shots on goal past the Huskies goaltender to secure a 2-0 conference victory and their first win of the 2019 season.
Both goals came in the first half for Shippensburg as Seth Crabbe struck just two minutes into the rivalry for his second goal of the season.
The Red Raiders did not take long to widen their margin over the Huskies, as Cory Ferguson scored just four minutes later to put Shippensburg on top 2-0.
The games next goal would not come until 64 minutes later when sophomore midfielder Bryce Evans broke the Ship shutout after converting on a failed Red Raiders clear and netting his blast from the top of the Red Raiders arc.
Shippensburg would hold off any fight the Huskies had left in them to secure their 2-1 win over their conference rival in Bloomsburg.
The Huskies last win came in their season opener at Salem University, where BU came away with a 3-1 victory.
Bloomsburg is led by senior forward Tyler Madeira, who leads the Huskies in points with six after two goals and four assists in the four games BU has played in the 2019 season.
The Huskies offense will need to get back on track as it enters the strength of their schedule in PSAC opponents.
As for defense, the Huskies have not played particularly bad, but the offense will need to provide as much help as possible if BU can get make to its winning ways.
The Huskies return home on Saturday for their next matchup when it continues conference play against Shepherd University. Opening tip is slated for 4 p.m.

For more information on the Huskies next matchup against Shepherd, visit buhus