BU Student: Sean Sears Struck by Motorcycle Sunday Evening

Cameron Heilman, Co-Editor in Chief

BLOOMSBURG – Sean Sears, a member of the Pi Lambda Phi Fraternity, was involved in an accident on Lightstreet around 7 p.m. last evening.

Sears is still in the Trauma ICU, according to the Geisinger Medical Center in Danville. Dayvid Hall, a Senior and fraternity brother of Sean, had this to say regarding the situation,

“That was one of the craziest scenes I have ever seen. Sean is seriously one of the genuine shirts off his own back kind of guys I have ever known, and I wish him the best in his recovery process.”

Rob Grow, a grad school student and fellow Pi Lambda Phi brother echoed Hall’s sentiments, saying similarly,

“Anyone who knows Sean knows he would give someone the shirt off his back if they needed it and is one of the most genuine pleasant people to be around.”

A GoFundMe page was created as well and promoted on the Pi Lambda Phi Instagram page. According to Press-Enterprise Writer Michael Lester, a puddle of blood marked the spot where Sean had fallen after being struck by the motorcycle.

Lester’s article also provides information from Police Officer Brad Sharrow, who conveyed the motorcyclist injuries as severe and was transported to the Geisinger Medical Center via ambulance. The Voice will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.