Women’s Track ends on a high note

Bloomsburg University’s women’s indoor track team ended their regular season this past Saturday at the Susquehanna University Open on a high note as they posted five Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) qualifiers.

Success started for the Huskies during the 60-meter hurdles, when junior Amanda Aulenbach and sophomore Autumn Kaminski took control of the event.

During the preliminary round, Aulenbach posted a time of 9.70 seconds and Kaminski was right behind with a time of 9.71 seconds, giving them first and second. In the finals, Aulenbach won the event with her time of 9.43 seconds and close behind in third was Kaminski who finished the race in 9.53 seconds.

A second place was then earned in the 800-meter run, as sophomore Autumn Avery boasted a time of 2:23.04, giving her the silver. Sophomore Kathleen Stevenson also earned a second place, as her time of 7.92 seconds was successful in the 60-meter dash. Her success in the preliminary rounds placed her in the top seed for the event. She qualified after running with a time 7.96 seconds.

The Huskies also achieved some victories in the field events category during the day. In the long jump, freshman Ashley Blannard was untouchable. She previously jumped the farthest on the day with a distance of 5.29 meters, but she was not done. She jumped even further to put up a jump of 5.47 meter to win the event. Pole vault sported some top ten finishes as well. Freshmen Hannah Oropollo, Sydney Sheaffer, and Erin Rottloff all found success in the event. Sheaffer took sixth with a jump of 1.50 meters, Rottloff in seventh with 1.45, and Oropollo got eighth after she jumped 2.76 meters.
Back on the track, freshman Kaylie Schans ran the 60-meter hurdles in 10.26 seconds, earning her the tenth-place spot. The 800-meter run saw freshman Riley Snyder take tenth after she ran it in 2.27.75.

On the relay side, the team of senior Morgan Ilgenfritz, sophomores Natalia Konitzer and Jessica Brenfleck, and freshman Kathyrn Blair finished the distance medley relay with a time of 13.09.96, giving them the fifth-place score. Lastly for the 4×200-meter relay, Schans, junior Zoe Berg, freshman Lauren O’Malley, and sophomore Alexis Burd came together to take tenth place after posting a time of 1:57.78.

The Huskies now look to the upcoming PSAC Championships at Edinboro University on Saturday, Feb. 23 and 24. The venue for the event is the Mike S. Zafirovski Sports and Recreation Dome.