Meet The Voice: Matt Rivera: Business and Ads Director

This week on Meet the Voice, we are featuring our Business and Advertising Director, Matt Rivera! Matt is currently in the first semester of his sophomore year at Bloomsburg. He is a Business Management major but is looking to add another Business minor to his studies.

Matt was born in New York and lived in Queens until he was four. He then moved to Allentown, Pennsylvania in 2003. He graduated from Parkland High school in 2017. Matt chose Bloomsburg University because of its great Business program and extracurriculars.

Matt’s nationality is Colombian and Ecuadorian, and he grew up in a bilingual household. Speaking both Spanish and English fluently has allowed him to embrace his culture with his family.

Matt began working with The Voice in the second semester of his freshman year as the Business Director. He then became the Advertising Director in the beginning of his sophomore year. Matt joined The Voice as the Business Director because he wanted to add experience in his field on his resume and to be a part of multiple organizations in Bloomsburg.

One of Matt’s passions is playing music. Matt’s favorite instrument to play is the alto saxophone. He has been practicing the saxophone for more than nine years. He also enjoys playing the guitar and the piano when he gets the chance.

Matt loves to travel and would love to be able to fulfill his goal of stepping foot on every continent. He has traveled to Ecuador to visit family but would love to visit Colombia to experience the rest of family’s culture.

In 2017, Matt was fortunate enough to visit France, Germany, Switzerland and Italy. This trip massively influenced his outlook on different cultures and has made him driven to experience all cultures around the world.

He also visited Canada when he was younger but is excited to experience it again during his next spring break. These experiences have made such a significant impression that he has a tattoo of a compass on his shoulder to signify all of the places he would like to travel to.

He has joined Beta Sigma Delta, a local Greek organization at Bloomsburg. This semester, he held the position of Rush Chair, which organizes Rush for those interested in joining Greek Life.

He has big ambitions for his fraternity and plans to run for other important positions in the fraternity. He is also a part of Bloomsburg’s Inter-fraternal Council and plans on running for a position on their executive board as well.

Matt loves to participate and give back to his community. He participated in helping set up Bloomsburg’s annual TreeFest. He is currently collecting sleeping bags for his fraternity’s annual Soup to Slumber drive in which they partner up with the Eagles to provide soup and sleeping bags to the less fortunate in Philadelphia.

Matt encourages students to find their passion in life and to pursue it. “Life goes by too quickly and there is no point in wasting time. Get out there, experience life and have fun while you’re doing it.”