Rumors of Provost leaving stir up questions

Rumors are beginning to swirl that Commonwealth University’s Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. Diana Rogers-Adkinson, will be leaving after the spring semester.

A series of questions were sent along with a message request for clarification over the rumor. The Provost could not provide more about the truth behind this news. She replied via email on Monday, December 4, the day before The Voice print edition release, “There is no information at this time.”

Some rumors predict that July will be the official time for the leave, but this rumor has not been confirmed nor denied.

The administrator began in June 2019 with nearly thirty years of experience in higher education. As the university’s second-in-command and chief academic officer, Dr. Rogers-Adkinson oversees the Division of Academic Affairs, which includes the Colleges of Education, Liberal Arts, Science and Technology, and Business, as well as technology and library services, planning/assessment, undergraduate education, and graduate studies/research.

Prior to working at Bloomsburg University, she served as dean at Southeast Missouri State University, a professor and chair of the Department of Special Education at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, and assistant professor at Wichita State University.