Card Center relocates to more convenient location

Kayleigh+McCray%2C+sophomore%2C+working+in+the+new+Card+Center.+
Novalea Verno
Kayleigh McCray, sophomore, working in the new Card Center.

During the spring break, The Bloomsburg Card Center made the transition from beside the entrance to Elwell Hell over to Room 203 of the Warren Student Services Center. Operations ceased on Friday, Mar. 8 to begin work on Mar. 11 through the 15.

“The Card Center serves all personnel on campus”, said Eric Foster, Content and Production Specialist of the marketing and communications department of Commonwealth University. “Having it in the middle of campus is a more convenient location for students living on upper campus and faculty, staff, and other students, such as commuters, who do not have reason to travel to the edge of campus.”

The new location of the Student Card Center. The new location is on the second floor of the Student Service Center in the back left corner as you come up the stairs. (Connor Davis)

“Materials were just over $4,500, mostly for network line runs”, said Foster. The labor was part of the facilities staff workload meaning there was no direct cost paid. No structural changes made for this space in the Student Services Center, and existing furnishings along with electronics fit in the new space.

Electrical upgrades began about a month prior to spring break which took one electrician approximately one workday to complete. Existing furnishings were moved on Monday Mar. 11. Network lines were run on Tuesday and were programmed that Wednesday. Computers were moved and fully operational on Wednesday and Thursday.

Since the move, the office is fully operational. Because the furniture and equipment did not change, the service remains the same as it was previously. the  services include university identification card issuance, Husky Gold account administration, meal plan and FLEX account management, online photo submissions, access control system management, dining service point of sale management, loan card readers for event attendance tracking, and more.