Man Shot on Main Street, Police Search for Gunman

Eliza Nevis, Photo Editor

Pictured above is Suspect Kenneth Meeker. Photo: Bloomsburg Police Department Crimewatch 

Early morning on September 11, 2022, Bloomsburg Police responded to a call from Capitol Bar and Grill, located on 48 East Main Street, reporting two males threatening to shoot up the bar.

The two men identified by police – Kenneth Meeker and Manuel Santos – had been banned from the bar the previous night, but decided to come back anyways and were denied entrance.

A gunshot was heard outside of Frank’s Pizza Trattoria, located on 58 East Main Street, around 12:31 a.m.. Students were then seen fleeing the block immediately after hearing the gunshot.

The victim who was shot was identified to be Jarrad Profit, owner of the Up in Smoke vape shop located next door to Frank’s, was reported to be shot in the right knee after attempting to get the two men to move along from outfront of his shop. Profit was transported to Geisinger Danville for treatment.

Bloomsburg Police Chief Scott Price said Meeker is not a Bloomsburg University student and just came into town to “party with the college kids.”

A warrant is out for Meeker’s arrest containing three total charges: Aggravated Assault, Simple Assault and Reckless Endangerment.

Edit: The above video shows the incident when the gunshot was fired, causing students to flee the scene.