12 castaways successfully swam their way through week six

A+photo+from+Episode+6+of+Survivor-Bloomsburg.+This+episode+was+held+at+the+pool+in+the+Nelson+Field+House%2C+and+the+competitions+took+place+in+the+pool.+Photo+sent+by+George+Kinzel.+
A photo from Episode 6 of Survivor-Bloomsburg. This episode was held at the pool in the Nelson Field House, and the competitions took place in the pool. Photo sent by George Kinzel.

On March 5th, the remaining 12 castaways of Survivor-Bloomsburg ventured to the Nelson Field House pool to compete in water-related challenges for Episode Six of the competition. While there was no tribe merger or big change to the way the game was played, this new location brought challenges for many castaways. Additionally, week six included the elimination of castaways Hunter Ishler and Jack Holcombe in Tribal Council

During Episode Six of Survivor-Bloomsburg, the castaways participated in three different challenges in the pool. The first challenge was entitled “Takin’ a Dip for a Survivor Trivia Raft Flip,” and Marcus Vener won this challenge, making himself the “Winning Raft Captain.”  The next challenge was titled “The Diving Board Paddle Battle,” and the winner of this was Jacob Casella (see below for an interview with Jacob about his time on Survivor!). The last challenge of the night was called “Boogie On Down to Cross Your T’s,” and castaways Anthony Witczak and Marcus Vener won this challenge. Tonight, there were also two different Tribal Council meetings. In the first meeting, the castaways decided to vote off Hunter Ishler. Then, in the second meeting, Jack Holcombe was eliminated from the competition.

Seven of the castaways from Episode Six of Survivor-Bloomsburg. Photo sent by George Kinzel.

In this week’s competition, there were some hidden immunity idols up for grabs. George Kinzel, the director of this event, explained that Alyssa Barnes and Jake Casella both found flamingos floating in the pool, which contained a clue that led them to hidden immunity idols at the bottom of the pool. Alyssa Barnes used her immunity idol to save Jay Maurer from being eliminated during the second Tribal Council meeting. Jake Casella hid his immunity idol in one of the storage boxes, but when he went to get it for Tribal Council, it was gone. This meant that he was unable to use it to save Jack Holcombe, so Jack was eliminated. If Jake had used his immunity idol to save Jack, Lee Habalar would have been eliminated from the competition instead of Jack Holcombe.

In addition, there were no new advantages found this week but castaway Owen Zulli played the advantage he found during Episode Five. This advantage allowed him and one other castaway (he chose Jake Casella) to cast a second vote in Tribal Council. After voting, Casella was given a ‘temptation’ which he accepted. This allowed him to choose his partner for the first challenge of Episode Seven, along with choosing another pair of castaways to be paired up for this challenge. These pairings will be announced during Episode Seven.

Episode seven airs on Tuesday, March 19th, at 7 p.m., at the Quest Teambuilding Woods on Upper Campus. Make sure to come and watch the action unfold! Additionally, the Survivor-Bloomsburg Season Finale will be on Thursday, April 18th, at 7 p.m. in the Kehr Ballroom; you won’t want to miss it!