Men’s and Women’s Track and Field Race for Indoor PSAC Championships

Cameron Heilman, Asst. Sports Editor

Both Bloomsburg’s men’s and women’s track teams concluded their indoor season this past weekend at the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) indoor championships.
Out of the 14 teams in the PSAC, the men’s team finished tenth while the women finished eleventh.
Some notable individual performances on the men’s side include sophomore Tyler Bailey, who claimed the best finish for the team on Sunday, as he placed second in the 800-meter run with the time of 1:57.12.
Junior Hunter Jarratt claimed solo podium accolades in the one-mile run and three-thousand-meter run. Jarratt placed seventh overall in the one mile, with a time of 4:27.48 and eighth in the three thousand meter crossing the finish line with a time of 9:01.00.
Rounding out the standout performances, freshman Wayne Reilly barley missed podium status taking ninth overall in the 3,000-meter run, however that time represents a new personal best for Reilly.
On the women’s side, senior Amanda Aulenbach set a new school record for the women’s team earning three podium placements during the first day of the championships.
Aulenbach took third overall in the indoor pentathlon setting a new school record with 3,180 points. She also placed in shot put at 10.36 meters, and second again in the 800-meter run crossing the finish with a time of 2:30.32.
Sophomore Kathryn Blair had quite an impressive weekend finishing top five in the one mile and eight-hundred-meter run. In the one mile, Blair finished fourth while simultaneously recording a new personal best time of 5:03.83. The 800-meter saw Blair earn her highest placement of the weekend at second finishing with a time of 2:16.98.
Fellow Husky, junior Autumn Avery stood along with Blair on the one-mile podium taking seventh place with a time of 5:14.12.
Also posting the best time of the season for the lady Huskies in the 4×400- meter relay, freshman Sarah Castronova, and juniors Kathleen Stevenson, Natalia Konitzer, and Jessica Brenfleck with a time of 4:03.93 claiming the eight spot overall.
Claiming the last podium for Bloomsburg was freshman Dahlia Hosey, who finsihed in the eighth slot of the triple jump with a distance of 11.06 meters.
Both teams have a quick turnaround as their outdoor season starts two weekends from now, March 13 at the Coastal Carolina Invitational.