Young Thug fails to show up to BloomU

The Bloomsburg University Concert Committee announced this year’s music guest for the Fall 2017 semester in the beginning of September. Rapper Young Thug was scheduled to perform at the Nelson Field House on October 27th at 8:00 p.m. with opening performer Taylor Bennett , brother of Chance the Rapper. Doors opened at 6:15 pm on Friday where students purchased tickets and waited in the stadium for the rapper. A DJ pumped the crowd up with party hits to get the audience ready for Young Thug. Taylor Bennett got on stage and performed a few of his songs. Within thirty minutes after his performance was over, it was announced that Young Thug was not coming. Students then had to leave the building after the announcement in disappointment.

“I just think it was rude for him not to show up, especially since he did this to another school a couple weeks prior,” said Angelica Stevens, Senior at Bloomsburg University. Stevens was one many of the students who showed up to enjoy the concert that Friday night.
The Bloomsburg University Concert Committee made a statement on October 30th that there will be refunds for students who purchased a ticket for the concert. “Information regarding refunds will be available mid-week. We will keep you updated as the information becomes available. Thank you,” stated by the BloomU Concert Committee.

The rapper was also supposed to show up to Temple University on October 13th to perform in the Liacouras Center for their annual Owlchella concert, a celebration as part of their homecoming festivities. Fortunately, the university had other rappers like Lil Yachty along with Young Thug to perform that night so there was still a concert. The rapper then posted a photo two hours later on instagram with Philadelphia native and rapper Meek Mill which left Temple students furious.

“I wasn’t mad that he didn’t show up because I understand that stuff happens but they had us listening to music for over an hour and the DJ kept saying that he had a surprise for us. Then out of no where, an automated voice came over the speakers and said Young Thug couldn’t show up. He then tweeted apologizing and promised a free show. If you’re not going to show up then fine but why are you lying acting like you’re sorry”said Kasey Bethea, senior at Temple University.

Despite Young Thug’s police arrest in late September, the rapper was still scheduled to perform in Bloomsburg and Temple University .