BU Dance Ensemble dazzles at Fall Showcase

Sarah Emily D'Agostino, A&E Editor

On Sunday, Nov. 17, Bloomsburg University’s Dance Ensemble presented their annual Fall Showcase.
The Bloomsburg Dance Ensemble is the largest student-run organization on campus, housing twenty different styles of dance. The showcase was presented at the Nelson Field House and attracted a large crowd for their Sunday evening debut.
With dance genres ranging from Jazz to Hip-hop, the dancers performed with grace and experience. We asked BUDE’s president Justine Davis how the performance went. Davis replied, “I’m so happy with the way everything ran at the show. It was so fun to see so many friends, family members and BUDE alum come out to support us. I’m so proud of all the hard work that all the teachers and dancers have put in this semester, and can’t wait to start again in the spring!”
All of the ensemble’s dances are choreographed, taught and performed by students within the organization. The Dance Ensemble also hosts Bloomsburg University’s annual Dance Marathon, an event that supports local children and their families in our community. Money raised through this Dance Ensemble sponsored event is donated to the local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. BUDE has already raised over $1,500 for the cause.
The next Dance Marathon will be held Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020 in the Recreation Center from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
There is a $10 registration fee and interested marathon attendees can either register the day of the marathon at the door or ahead of time via an online platform.
Bloomsburg University’s Dance Ensemble is gearing up for their next performance, their Spring Showcase. BUDE is scheduled to perform on Friday, April 10 at 5:00 p.m. in Haas Auditorium.

Those interested in BUDE’s Dance Marathon can visit buvoice.com for a link to the registration web page.