Kickstarting your career

Husky Career Corner

Patrick Halye

The Greenly Center on East Main Street.

Maddie Vetter, Greenly Peer Coach

Hey, Huskies! I’m Maddie Vetter, one of three Peer Coaches who work downtown at the Greenly Center, assisting BU students in creating the best professional version of themselves. No matter what your major or class year, we have resources that can help you land that first job right out of college; each week we will be offering you different tips and tricks on how you can be ready.

Visit us downtown for a professional headshot for your LinkedIn account, have your resume and cover letter reviewed or access to the Professional Experience Labs (PELs) for a job/internship interview anywhere in the world. Additionally, the Career Closet is a great way to kick off your professional attire search and make you feel comfortable and ready for a presentation, conference or interview!

The first thing you can do is stop by the Greenly Center any day of the week, but especially on Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 1 – 4 p.m. for tons of free food and prizes and to learn more about us and all we offer.

The second thing you should consider is attending a Career Expo. Expos are a great way for any student to explore career options, practice communication skills or make connections that may prove valuable in finding an internship or that first position. 

Our Diversity Expo is Tuesday, Feb. 4 from 11 a.m.– 1:30 p.m. in the KUB Ballroom and will feature employers who are looking to recruit students from our diverse student population. Register on Handshake where you can view the employers who will be present, and make sure to dress the part. (Visit us before you go to get ready!)

Follow us on Instagram @bloomuengaged for student stories, career resources and alumni takeovers.