Men’s Basketball stumbled by Lock Haven

Huskies now with just two regular season games to play

Matt Rushforth, Sports Editor

The Bloomsburg University men’s basketball team fought hard but came up short on Wednesday night as the Huskies fell to Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) foe Lock Haven University on the road by a final score of 87-76.

With the loss, the Huskies dropped to 9-17 (6-14 PSAC) while the Bald Eagles improved to 12-11 (9-10 PSAC) with the win.

Bloomsburg was led by freshman sensation Justin Anderson with 16 points, followed by senior Ky Mauras who recorded 14 points in the loss.

Despite being outshot from the field, the Huskies remained close with Lock Haven in rebounding, as the Bald Eagles held a 35-33 advantage in the statistical category.

The Huskies found themselves behind for a majority of the matchup before pulling to within five about mid-way into the second frame. 

Lock Haven then pulled away when the Huskies were forced to begin fouling, with continued to send the Bald Eagles to the free throw line.

Bloomsburg will not likely make the PSAC tournament followiung the end of the regular season, as the Huskies are currently in second to last in the eastern division, ashed of just Mansfiueld University.

Shippensburg University remains the only team on the Eastern side of the conference to clinch a PSAC tournament berth, as both the men and the women of Shippensburg will each represent the number one seed in the East come tournament play.

The Huskies will round out their season against the top seeded Shippensburg at home on Saturday before welcoming Kutztown on Wednesday to close out the regular season.

If the Huskies do not make it to the PSAC tournament, it will mark the second season in a row where Bloomsburg will not appear in postseason play.

Bloomsburg and Shippensburg tip-off on Saturday at 3 p.m. at the Nelson Field House.