BU Field Hockey slammed by Rams: Number one-ranked West Chester too much for Huskies

Matt Rushforth, Sports Editor

The Bloomsburg University Field Hockey team could not find any sparks on Wednesday night and fell to top-ranked West Chester 4-0. The Huskies are now ranked ninth in the latest polls and hold a 7-4 (1-3 PSAC) record thus far in 2018.

The Huskies were outshot by the Golden Rams 18-3 in the contest. This marks yet another conference game where the Huskies were held virtually shotless. Bloomsburg had a total of four shots in two games against Kutztown and East Stroudsburg, both shutout losses.

The Huskies held the Golden Rams scoreless in the first half, taking a 0-0 score into the second half which had people on the edge of their seats. It was not until the second minute of the second half when West Chester’s Katie Thompson started the scoring.

West Chester kept the pressure on for the remainder of the second half, scoring three more unanswered goals to secure them the conference victory. The Golden Rams remain unbeaten in Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) play.

Sophomore goalkeeper Dana Sheply recorded ten saves on the afternoon and the loss brings her record to 3-3 in 2018.

The Huskies have little time to regroup, as they will host number-five Shippensburg on Saturday morning. This game brings yet another conference test for the Huskies in a tough PSAC-East division. Start time is set for 11:00 a.m.

About the Writer