Sip & Read with Café Emily

Café Emily graphic. Created by Carly Busfield.

Welcome to Café Emily! In this column you’ll find reviews of drinks from our coffee shops on campus. In addition to these, I’ll be giving book recommendations.

With the opening of Dunkin Donuts and the already standing Starbucks, it’s a great opportunity to start this column for the wide variety of drink options to try.

I personally would call myself a frequent connoisseur of these two establishments, and cannot wait to sip on new pick-me-ups.

Since fall is around the corner, I’ll start off by sharing my favorite fall drink at Starbucks. Their iced chai latte, infused with oat milk and sweetened with brown sugar syrup, exudes nostalgic autumn and Christmas flavors in a single cup. Adding sweet cream cold foam and either caramel or cinnamon accentuates this fall drink’s spices.

As for books, I developed an interest in the author Colleen Hoover over the summer. At first, I was skeptical about her books, but they turned out to be more exciting than I imagined. If you like steamy romance novels, then her books will have you on the edge of your seat.

My favorite novel of hers so far is titled ‘Verity’. This book still aligns with her steamy writing style while also adding a spine-chilling mystery twist to it.

As the semester goes on, I would love to hear your suggestions of your favorite coffee shop drinks to try and books to read.

For further inquiries, contact columnist, Emily Kesler, via email: [email protected]

View Comments (1)