Monty’s updates dining options for new school year

Students+await+their+made-to-order+food+in+Montys+Dining+Hall.+
Donyae Trawick
Students await their made-to-order food in Monty’s Dining Hall.

Monty’s: the upper-campus sit-down restaurant is up and running for the new school year. This year, though, they have a lot of new, exciting dining options for students. John Scheers, the campus liaison from Aramark Collegiate Hospitality, shared some of the focal points of Monty’s newest menu additions.

The concept is being called “Smoked” which includes a variety of specialties to enjoy. There will be “daily dinner specials throughout each week at Smoked,” says Scheers.

Chef Jon, the Director of Monty’s, has included many new items for this new Smoked special that includes boneless wings with house-made sauces, steak nights, Italian-themed nights with Chicken Parmesan or Chicken Asiago, Asian-fusion nights, chef special seafood Fridays and more themed dining days. Chef Jon will also be including weekly house-smoked menu items that include BBQ beef brisket, St. Louis-style rubs, and even more.

Just wait, there’s more! Scheers says that there will additionally be, “an expanded variety of grab & go snacks, and expansion of our ‘Restaurant Night’ program from one night per semester to three nights per semester.”

Cooking classes with Chef Jon that are included with meal plans will also still be available to students with subjects that include Latin and Italian cuisine as well as cookie baking.

Along with the new additions, however, come questions on the staffing at Monty’s. There has been no denying the fact that Monty’s had one of the biggest staffing impacts after the COVID pandemic. Thankfully, the staff at Monty’s are already all over this issue.

Scheers states, “Staffing continues to be a key focus of our team campus-wide to provide quality dining experiences to the greater Bloomsburg campus community.”

Monty’s is located on upper campus between the Montgomery and Mt. Olympus apartments. They are open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays, and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekends. Be sure to stop in and try all their new menu options available, and be on the lookout for the Smoked special announcements coming soon!