Are you ready to be hired?

The Career Intensive Bootcamp (CIBC) helps undergraduate juniors and seniors prepare for the working world. They get a chance to practice all the things that make a new professional nervous and tips to help them avoid common mistakes.

The CIBC takes place over the course of a weekend and covers everything from dining etiquette and networking practice to mock interviews, resume reviews, and LinkedIn headshots. The event is intense, but provides everything a student needs to graduate a confident professional in one weekend.

Registration for the Spring 2024 Career Intensive Bootcamp (CIBC) is open now. The next CIBC will be Feb. 9-11, 2024. Register on Handshake before the last day of classes (12/1) and be entered to win a $50 giftcard to a downtown restaurant.

Emma Zellers, a senior graduating in December, attended September’s CIBC. “I would say bootcamp helped me a lot,” said Emma in an interview. “I’ve gained a lot of insight. Every junior and senior should do this bootcamp because there are a lot of alumni that come and they can give you really good advice.”

Lenna Kidd, senior creative writing student, enjoyed her bootcamp experience.“I think I was intimidated by bootcamp, so that’s why I was a little bit nervous to do it,” said Lenna. “I had been going through some interviews and I could tell I was still pretty nervous and not as confident as I wanted to be…This is really going to build my confidence to get into the job search.”

In addition to networking practice and resume reviews, alumni return to campus to provide insight on salary negotiation, financial literacy, managing workplace relationships, and professional ethics. Alumni and employer panelists and keynote speakers are from a wide range of majors and industries, so every major is welcome.

Senior media and journalism major, Nayeli Almonte, said, “I feel like in any industry that you go into, it doesn’t matter what it is, you’re going to need some type of advice or support. It’s not about what you know, it’s about how you present yourself, at the end of the day… You need to figure out what you want to do. This is the time!”