NAACP award show coming soon

Bitania Yemane, News Editor

The executive board in BU’s NAACP have been working hard in preparing for their first Image Awards. The event will be held on April 25 in the Kehr Ballroom and doors will open at 5:45pm. The event focuses on showing appreciation to the faculty/staff, students and organizations in Bloomsburg University by giving out awards. The event will include food and performances from the BU Gospel Choir, Dynasty Sounds and more.  

“People should expect a night filled with talent from across the campus as well as a beautiful ceremony honoring faculty, staff, students, clubs and organizations

They should come for an opportunity to network, support your favorite organizations, eat , laugh,” said Jimel Calliste, NAACP president.
The show will have a preshow where people can take photos in the lobby and watch the pre-show hosts introduce opening performers like Beats by Bloom.

Malik Muhammad, the coordinator of Sexual & Gender Diversity in Bloomsburg University  will be the host for the entire show and awards will be given out for most helpful department, organization of the year, outstanding male and female athlete, organization advisor of the year and more. The NAACP wants everyone want to come out support their first big event and enjoy the food, music, and performances that will be at the show.

About the Writer