Café Emily: Making your own Iced Coffee

Graphic+made+by+Carly+Busfield.+
Graphic made by Carly Busfield.

Welcome back, Huskies! Starting off the semester can be hectic and tiring, and finding time for a morning
Starbucks or Dunkin’ run may not always be feasible. But fear not! I have a quick and convenient solution
that will save you from waiting in long lines—making your delicious iced coffee right at home.

Instead of relying on store-bought cold brew, which can be expensive and has a limited shelf life, I
recommend using instant coffee for a longer-lasting and equally satisfying experience. My personal
favorite is the Folgers brand, known for its rich and smooth flavor.

To begin, simply mix one packet of instant coffee with 8–10 ounces of cold water. This will create a strong
and flavorful base for your iced coffee. Now, let’s add some creamer! I suggest adding two spoonfuls of International Delight’s creamer, my personal choice being the caramel macchiato flavor. This not only
adds a luscious caramel flavor but is also dairy-free for those who prefer non-dairy options.

For a touch of sweetness, I recommend using a small amount of honey instead of processed sugars. This
not only enhanced the taste but also provides a healthier alternative. Stir it all together until well
combined.

Now it’s time to chill things down. Fill your cup up with ice, pour in your infused coffee, and watch as the
flavors meld together harmoniously. For an extra indulgence, consider topping it off with a dollop of
whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.

The beauty of making your own iced coffee at home is the endless possibilities for customization. Feel
free to experiment with different flavors, milk alternatives, and sweeteners to create your perfect cup of
iced coffee. Not only will this save you time and money from daily coffee shop visits but it will also allow
you to tailor your drink to your exact preferences.

Go ahead and savor the convenience and deliciousness of your homemade iced coffee. Enjoy every sip
and let it energize you for the day ahead!