Huskies in Heat: Perfect Local Valentine’s Day Date Ideas

Huskies in heat graphic created by Carly Busfield.
Carly Busfield

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, Huskies! If you’ve got a special someone in your life or even a group of friends that you’d like to appreciate this Valentine’s Day, here’s a list of fun and local Valentine’s Day spots to enjoy quality time with the person or people you love most! Note: Most of these are walkable from campus but some of these places you may have to drive to!

1.) Can U Xcape? Escape Room.

This option can get a little pricey, but if you’re willing to treat yourselves to a really fun night, Can U Xcape, located downtown, is a super interesting escape room with fun puzzles and themes.

2.) Little Bakery.

Craving sweet treats with a wonderful and cozy atmosphere? Look no further than the Little Bakery located across from the Alvina Krause Theater. The baked goods are delectable and we cannot forget about their famous chimney cake ice cream!

3.) Fog and Flame.

A cute cafe with awesome coffee! This place is a beloved spot in the community for folks who love coffee!

4.) Brewskis.

Trivia, open mics, perogies—oh my! This spot is really fun for those who want a nightlife atmosphere that’s a bit more laid-back and comfortable. A bit more intimate, too! (Note: 21+ only after 9 pm!)

5.) Bowling at Midway Lanes in Danville.

Right near Tee to Green between Bloom in Danville—this bowling alley is small but it has a lot of vintage flair. Plus, it can be a fun competition between you and your loved one.

6.) Go see a movie at AMC Theatres.

A classic date night idea, of course, but it’s classic for a reason.

7.) Oliran Hibachi.

Located behind Marey’s, it has yummy Japanese food and the cooks are amazing and super entertaining.

8.) Rosemarie’s.

A little bit fancier than most restaurants around here but it’s a hidden gem! Go down the alley near Fog and Flame and it should be around there. It’s perfect for a fancy night out!

9.) That’s Amore.

Pizza and Italian food that is absolutely delicious, located right next to the fountain!

10.) Endless Records.

For those who love books, vintage records, and other cool things, browsing around the record shop downtown is perfect.

11.) The town park.

(Valentine’s Day picnic, anyone?) Plus, once spring hits, the park is beautiful!

12.) Marley’s.

Yummy food and a great atmosphere.

13.) Your own dorm!

Decorate for the holiday and spend quality time with the one you love with candy, movies, and memories in the comfort of your own home! (Just make sure your roommate is cool with your significant other coming over if you live in the same room!)

14.) Tee to Green Mini Golf.

Located between Bloomsburg and Danville, it’s only a short drive to a really fun self-serve minigolf center.

15.) Go see a show together at the Alvina Krause Theatre (Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble).

They usually have their full-length plays showing on Thursday-Sunday but sometimes they have Improv nights! Either way, seeing live theater is not only a fun night out for you and your loved one, but it’s also a great way to support local artists and local arts!

Hopefully, this list has given you some inspiration for a potential date night. Enjoy your Valentine’s Day, huskies! Remember: single, taken, or it’s complicated—you are loved, you are enough, and to quote RuPaul Charles, “If you can’t love yourself, how are you going to love anyone else?”